- Abyssal ocean circulation and variability
- Ocean heat and sea level rise budgets
- Observations of large-scale ocean hydrography and circulation
- B.A. Mathematics-Physics, Whitman Collage, May 2005
- M.S. Oceanography, University of Washington, May 2010
- PhD Oceanography, University of Washington, Aug. 2014. Dissertation Title: The Abyssal Ocean’s Contributions to the Global Energy and Sea Level Budgets Between the 1990s and 2000s. Thesis committee: Drs. Gregory Johnson (Chair), Susan Hautala and Mark Warne.